Purchase your appointments in full ahead of time through PayPal Credit, and there's no payments and no interest due to PayPal if paid in full to PayPal within 6 months. (Ask Dr. Nikolaidis for more information. See terms on PayPal's website. Subject to credit approval. Certain restrictions apply.)
Insurance companies typically pay a higher percentage of the bill for a licensed clinical psychologist such as Dr. Nikolaidis, compared to a therapist who only has a master's level license (LCSW or MFT). Even if a therapist has a doctorate, it does not mean that they are a psychologist. When you are looking for a therapist, be sure to find out what license they have. Sometimes people with master's level licenses have a doctorate and advertise themselves as "Dr.", but they are practicing under their master's license because they did not meet the higher requirements to become a licensed psychologist, and the reimbursement rate for that therapist with a master's license will be lower than a licensed psychologist. Aetna on it's website shows that Aetna insurance reimburses 100% of the allowed amount to see psychologists, as compared to only 75% when seeing a therapist operating under an MFT license. Aetna on it's website shows how insurance reimburses clients 25% less for someone to see a therapist operating under a master's licence (e.g., MFT, LCSW) as compared to a psychologist. So while a therapist with only a master's licence may be cheaper up front, after reimbursement, they can be much more expensive due to low reimbursement rates for master's level therapists.
You may also be able to save up to 45% by paying for services with pre-tax income by using a Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Account . Contact your accountant or your HR department or benefits officer to learn about how to set up a Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Account and ask if you can file for reimbursement immediately, even before the plan is fully funded, as some plans allow this. If you don't have an accountant, you can google Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Account to learn more about this option.
Appointments with Dr. Nikolaidis are an excellent investment and it is important to be able to schedule treatment and care as soon as possible. So that financial considerations should not be an obstacle to obtaining the care you deserve, we offer several financial options.
We gladly accept: Cash, Debit Cards, Checks, Discover, Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and PayPal Credit (PayPal financing).
Got Anxiety? Need relief? Don't wait until it's too late. Dr. Nikolaidis can help. Call, click or text (949)791-7127 to call Dr. Nikolaidis' Newport Beach office .
- If you have one of the following insurances, or one not listed, call to speak with Dr. Nikolaidis and ask for details:
- Most PPOs.
- Aetna American Behavioral
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield APS Healthcare
Any Indemnity Plan
Behavioral Health Systems
Empire BlueCross BlueShield
First Choice Health
Independence Blue Cross
Managed Health Network (MHN)
MHNet Behavioral Health
New Directions Behavioral Health
Orange County Medical Foundation
Orange County Preferred Provider or OCEP
Preferred Health Network
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
Tufts Health Plan
United Behavioral Health (UBH)
- Additional Plans Not Listed
- Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- Do I have out-of-network (POS or PPO) coverage?
- If so, do I need pre-certification (not authorization)? If so, ask the representative to pre-certify you immediately.
- How many sessions am I entitled to per year?
- What is my annual deductible and has it been met? That is the amount that you pay out-of-pocket prior to reimbursement.
- What percent of each session does your insurance reimburse? By law, your insurance must tell you what specific percent they will cover.
- Be sure to inform your insurance company that you intend to see a licensed Ph.D. level psychologist in the Newport Beach area , as the educational level and license of the therapist, and the geographical area where the therapy is rendered often determines the reimbursement rate provided by your policy.
- Most PPO and POS insurance plans, including many of those listed on this page, offer out-of-network privileges and provide reimbursement for services offered by Dr. Nikolaidis. Please check with your insurance company to verify coverage for mental health services by out-of-network licensed psychologists. Sometimes these benefits offer even greater flexibility than your in-network benefits (i.e. do not have session limits, etc.).
- Services provided by a psychologist may also be tax deductible . Check with your accountant for details.
- If you or your family own your own business, you may able to save up to 45% by paying for services with pre-tax income.Check with you accountant for details.
- Take a look at an example provided on Aetna's website . Aetna on it's website shows how they reimburse 100% of the allowed amount to see psychologists as compared to only 75% to see a therapist operating under an MFT license. Aetna on it's website shows how insurance reimburses clients 25% less for someone to see a therapist operating under a master's licence (e.g., MFT, LCSW) as compared to a psychologist. So while a therapist with only a master's licence may be cheaper up front, after reimbursement, they can be much more expensive due to low reimbursement rates for master's level therapists.
- For patients who want to seek reimbursement through their out-of-network benefits, patients ask Dr. Nikolaidis to email patients a blank template superbill which patients bring to their first appointment or patients bring it to their apointments once a month and Dr. Nikolaidis helps patients fill it out during their appointment, which patients submit to their insurance to seek reimbursement.
Cash, check and all major credit or debit cards accepted for payment.
Request a therapy appointment online here .
Questions? Please contact me for further information.
Since insurance can be confusing, we ask that you call or contact us with specific questions. If you have any questions, our courteous staff is always available to answer them.